Monday, September 12, 2022

Tsukiji Fish Market

As I continued to dive into the Japanese culture, I decided to explore one of the most famous tourist attractions of Japan, responsible for bringing in international tourists for the last couple decades: The Tsukiji Fish Market. More specifically I focused on the art of breaking down and selling a fish at a fish monger stand, in the process getting the history of both the stall and the use of fish in Japan.

The market was stunning, as was the amount of care and interest that the workers and owners placed in the creation of their product. The stall was responsible for the supply of over 1000 restauraunts all across the globe, many of which being high end or michellin rated. It was interesting to compare the market to others I have been to myself, seeming to be a farmers market crossed with the Chelsea Meat Market in NYC, but with the odd exception of consisting of stalls that have existed longer than many US States.

After watching I was able to locate and identify various phrases associated with the language, both from class and general knowledge, including Oishii and Maguro. But since the video was largely speciallized in terms of the skill displayed and the history behind food culture, it was largely informational.

No comments:

Post a Comment

みんなで Japanese Conversation [1] and Streamers the Band

 For this weeks Listening/Watching excersize, I took a dive into two mediums I typically don't explore- the unscripted conversation of も...