Monday, October 31, 2022

Mozu Furuichi Kofun Group

 This week I took a deep dive into the an aspect of Japanese history rather than focusing on the modern culture as I have done in weeks past. More specifically I looked into the Mozu Furuichi Kofun Group located on the Osaka plain. The Kofun group served as a burial tomb for the elite leaders of Japan around the 4th century, and were created over the span of decades of work amongst thousands of individuals. I first learned about the group, consisting of 49 individual burial locations, as it has been designated by UNESCO as world historical site.

                             Mozu-Furuichi Kofun (UNESCO) | World Heritage | Travel Japan (Japan  National Tourism Organization)

     Due to the specific nature of the site, I viewed two videos to further me knowledge of the tombs, one in Japanese which I will be first to admit gave me benefit in understanding the tombs and their purposes. While I was able to understand from the visual narrative depicted in the video, it was the shorter video in English proposed to UNESCO that gave me my best understanding of  the tombs themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that's so cool I didn't even realize that this gravesite existed. Is the tomb still in active use or is it closed off?

    ReplyDelete

みんなで Japanese Conversation [1] and Streamers the Band

 For this weeks Listening/Watching excersize, I took a dive into two mediums I typically don't explore- the unscripted conversation of も...