Sunday, September 4, 2022

One Cut of the Dead

For my viewing/listening activity, I watched the 2019 Horror, Comedy, Documentary: One Cut of the Dead. Easily one of the best things I have watched in the last year, maybe even one of the best things I've watched ever. The film consists of a 25-minute single cut, handheld shot of a zombie movie crew being attacked by actual zombies, before transitioning into the planning and extended shots that demonstrate all the actions and problems that resulted in the film looking the way it did.

While I did have English subtitles on, I was presently surprised how much I was able to follow along with the dialogue and actions of the film based purely on the two initial weeks of class. As I go forward with the class, it will be interesting to see at what point I feel comfortable consuming media, like this hour-and-a-half movie, with Japanese subtitles, or even the possibility of no subtitles at all.



1 comment:

  1. This movie seems very interesting. It sounds like "Sean of the Dead" but in Japan instead of the UK. Maybe the Japanese will have an interesting spin on things.

    ReplyDelete

みんなで Japanese Conversation [1] and Streamers the Band

 For this weeks Listening/Watching excersize, I took a dive into two mediums I typically don't explore- the unscripted conversation of も...